0 item(s) - $0.00
Your shopping cart is empty!
Paper and Article
Expel Damp: 10 Questions
1. Wu Ling San is not indicated for which of the following?
a. superficial syndrome and retention of fluid in the body
b. diarrhea caused by sudden tormoil disorder
c. phlegm retention disease and throbbing pulsation just below the umbilicus
d. dysuria caused by evils of damp and heat blended together and attacking the lower energizer
2. Which herb doest not serve to clear heat and quell fire in Ba Zheng San?
a. Da Huang
b. Huang Bai
c. Zhi Zi
d. Deng Xin Cao
3. What are the importatn components of Ping Wei San?
a. Hou Po, Chen Pi, Cang Zhu, and Da Zao
b. Hou Po, Chen Pi, Gan Cao, and Bai Zhu
c. Hou Po, Chen Pi, Gan Cao, and Cang Zhu
d. Hou Po, Chen Pi, Gan Cao, and Sheng Jiang
4. Huo Xiang Cheng Qi San is composed of Er Chen Tang and which other herbs?
a. Huo Xiang and Zi Su Ye
b. Bai Zhi and Bai Zhu
c. Hou Po and Jie Geng
d. All of the above
< Case 1 >
Tammy, Age 39
Tammy comes to you because she has had diarrhea and vomiting for the past two days. She also reports epigastric and abdominal pain and bloating. Other symptoms include nausea, flatulence, appetite loss, headache, fever and dislike of cold. Tammy has a white greasy tongue coating; her pulse is slippery and slightly floating.
1. What is your diagnosis for Tammy?
a. damp-heat in the lower warmer
b. tai yang syndrome with yang ming syndrome
c. external wind-cold with internal damp
d. Kidney and Spleen Yang deficiency
2. Which formula is best for her?
a. Huo Xiang Zheng Qi San
b. Si Shen Wan
c. Ge Gen Tang
d. Huang Lian Jie Du Tang
3. Which of the following groups of herbs are in the formula that you chose?
a. Zi Su Ye, Da Fu Pu
b. Ge Gen, Fu Ling
c. Huang Lian, Shan Zhi Zi
d. Bu Gu Zhi, Gan Jiang
< Case 2 >
Beth, Age 26
Two days ago Beth began experiencing painful and burning sensations while urinating. She has difficulty urinating with some dribbling. The urine is scanty, dark and yellow. Beth complains that this happens about twenty times a day. She is thirsty and wants to drink cold water.
1. What is the most likely appearance of Beth''s tongue?
a. pale, scalloped tongue with greasy white coating
b. pale tongue with moist coating
c. red tongue with greasy yellow coating
d. red tongue with thin yellow coating
2. What is your diagnosis for Beth?
a. damp-heat in the Large Intestine
b. water accumulation in the lower warmer
c. damp-heat in the Liver channel
d. heat and damp accumulation in the Bladder
3. Which of the following formulas is best for Beth?
a. Huang Lian Jie Du Tang
b. Zhu Ling Tang
c. Ba Zheng San
d. Long Dan Xie Gan Tang
1. d 2. b 3. c 4. d
< Case 1 >
1. c 2. a 3. a
< Case 2 >
1. c 2. d 3. c